INSEAD Investment Banking Club
Our goal is to support INSEAD students aiming to pursue a career in Investment Banking. We do this by providing advice on Investment Banking as a career, assisting in the recruitment process, and strengthening the relationship between INSEAD and firms hiring MBA candidates.
INSEAD Investment Banking Club News
European Investment Banking Competition:
INSEAD recently competed in the European Investment Banking Competition against London Business School, Oxford Saïd, and Cambridge Judge, ultimately walking away with first prize! The INSEAD team consisted of the IB Club’s Co-Presidents Gonzalo Santaella and Lize Hartley, IB Club VP of Learning Lynn Fan, and Utsav Kapoor. Teams had to negotiate an M&A deal and present their process and final outcome to a panel of judges. The panel, which included a Lazard VP, had very positive feedback on the INSEAD team’s final presentation. Special mention must also go to the second INSEAD team consisting of Rishin Mukherjee, Mario Chalhoub, Joseph Mefleh, and Hansa Kaya, who also performed well on the day.
Houlihan Lokey Restructuring Simulation:
INSEAD won first prize at the Houlihan Lokey MBA Restructuring Simulation. It was an intense 10-hour competition, fully virtual, where teams from London Business School, SDA Bocconi, Oxford Saïd Business School, and INSEAD had to analyse a restructuring case involving strategic thinking, creativity, and negotiation. The winning team consisted of IB Club Co-President Gonzalo Santaella, Ilia Melman, Ayoub Bouzid, Francesco Pagani, and Laurel Ma.
To connect INSEAD students with banks and support them in their endeavour to pursue a career in Investment Banking. By strengthening the ties between INSEAD and banks, we hope to have a positive impact on the industry by connecting top firms with top talent.
- Host frequent events to discuss developments in the industry, specially after the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Coordinate seminars focused on interview preparation and technical training
- Communicate important industry trends and news
- Develop a relationship with other top business schools to collaborate and work towards our shared goals together
Three ways INSEAD students can get involved with the IB Club:
1. Sign up to the club email distribution list. The club sign up will be available during orientation week. Click here to email the club if you missed us and would like to be included.
2. Sign up to the Career Development Centre’s Financial Services newsletter. Email Zeynep Flouret to be added to the subscriber list.
3. Join the committee and help run the club. We are always keen to take on board anyone who has the enthusiasm to help us push forward the club agenda.