Welcome to the INSEAD Search Fund & ETA Club
What are Search Funds?
A Search Fund is an investment vehicle whereby an individual raises funds from investors with the goal of finding, acquiring and leading a small business. The path involves four stages: fundraising, search and acquisition, operation and exit. Since 1984, there have been approximately 400 Search Funds established, allowing individuals who typically have limited operational experience to potentially lead businesses. If you are interested to learn more about this exciting path, we encourage you to leverage the resources & contacts we have provided below and consider taking Realising Entrepreneurial Potential in P4 with Professor Ivana Naumovska.
What is Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition (ETA)?
ETA involves becoming an entrepreneur through buying an existing, established company.
What have we done?
In 2021, the INSEAD Search Fund Club & ETA hosted three events:
- Search Funds: A Direct Path to CEO, perspectives from Searchers
- Search Funds: Life operating a business as CEO
- Search Funds: A Direct Path to CEO, from the perspective of the Investor
Through our collaboration with alumni, we piloted a mentorship program, pairing current 21D students with active Searchers, Operators and Investors.
Who are we?
We are passionate about Search Funds & ETA and as part of the focus of mentorship and support in the community, are pleased to establish the Search Fund & ETA Club at INSEAD.
If you are interested to learn more about Search Funds or ETA, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our leadership team, subscribe to our mailing list, email us, and join our Telegram Group (https://t.me/joinchat/VcY7JJzzhrjAKyXc).
Search Fund & ETA Entrepreneur’s in Residence: Gernot Eisinger, Omer Ben Shach, Jake Nicholson, Simon Webster, José Cabiedes, Yves Warnant
Realising Entrepreneurial Potential Professor: Professor Ivana Naumovska
- Stanford Search Fund Primer
- How to Prepare for a Search Fund During Your MBA
- SMEVentures Blog
- Perspectives on Search Funds YouTube Series by Polsky Center
- Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition Podcast Series by Polsky Center
- Jim Stein Sharpe Blog
- Recommended Reading: HBR Guide to Buying a Small Business
Three ways INSEAD students can get involved with the INSEAD Search Fund Club
1. Sign up to the club email distribution list. Please fill in the Club survey that you will receive before the start of your programme. Click here to email the club if you missed us and would like to be included.
2. Come to our regular meetings & social events to learn more about what we do. These will be advertised by posters and emails in advance and everyone is welcome.
3. Join the committee and help run the club. We are always keen to take on board anyone who has the enthusiasm to help us push forward the club agenda.