INSEAD Search Fund & ETA Club
Welcome to the INSEAD Search Fund & ETA Club
What are Search Funds?
A Search Fund is an investment vehicle whereby an individual raises funds from investors with the goal of finding, acquiring and leading a small business. The path involves four stages: fundraising, search and acquisition, operation and exit. Since 1984, there have been approximately 400 Search Funds established, allowing individuals who typically have limited operational experience to potentially lead businesses. If you are interested to learn more about this exciting path, we encourage you to leverage the resources & contacts we have provided below and consider taking Realising Entrepreneurial Potential in P4 with Professor Ivana Naumovska.
What is Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition (ETA)?
ETA involves becoming an entrepreneur through buying an existing, established company.
What have we done?
Please see below a list of events that INSEAD Search Fund & ETA club recently hosted:
- Search Funds: How to Become a CEO at the age of 30!
- Search Funds: A Direct Path to CEO, perspectives from Searchers
- Search Funds: Life operating a business as CEO
- Search Funds: A Direct Path to CEO, from the perspective of the Investor
Through our collaboration with alumni, we piloted a mentorship program, pairing current 21D students with active Searchers, Operators and Investors.
Who are we?
We are passionate about Search Funds & ETA and as part of the focus of mentorship and support in the community, are pleased to establish the Search Fund & ETA Club at INSEAD.
If you are interested to learn more about Search Funds or ETA, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our leadership team, subscribe to our mailing list, email us, and join our Telegram Group (https://t.me/joinchat/VcY7JJzzhrjAKyXc).
Search Fund & ETA Entrepreneur’s in Residence: Gernot Eisinger, Omer Ben Shach, Jake Nicholson, Simon Webster, José Cabiedes, Yves Warnant
Realising Entrepreneurial Potential Professor: Professor Ivana Naumovska
- Stanford Search Fund Primer
- How to Prepare for a Search Fund During Your MBA
- SMEVentures Blog
- Perspectives on Search Funds YouTube Series by Polsky Center
- Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition Podcast Series by Polsky Center
- Jim Stein Sharpe Blog
- Recommended Reading: HBR Guide to Buying a Small Business