Welcome to INSEAD Rugby Club
Schedules & Fixtures
While trainings are typically every Monday and Thursday from 7:30-9:00pm, please follow our Telegram Channel to learn about the latest training schedules, as these may vary depending on field availability. For people new to rugby, we will run an explanation session to help integrate you into the great game. And on Thursday after training, we all head for Pizzas, Beers & Wines at Pizza MiMis.
Also, follow us on Instagram to see our latest activities and adventures! @insead_rugbyclub
The club tries to organize a tour each period to play against other European MBA Clubs including IESE, LBS, IE, and others! These tours combine the best of rugby and the INSEAD MBA and are the highlight of any season.
The INSEAD Rugby Club also participates in broader MBA events including the Spring Games in April in Barcelona and the MBA Olympics hosted by HEC.
Touch Rugby is a (mostly) contactless version of rugby, and requires skill and speed to succeed, rather than the brute strength of rugby.
The basic rules are:
- Teams are typically made up of 6-8 players
- Each possession consists of 6 touches. A “touch” is where the defendar touches the opponent who has the ball in hand
- After each touch, the attacker must place the ball on the ground. Another member then picks up the ball and the possession continues
- Defendars must retreat 5 meters after each touch before advancing again
- After 6 tocuhes, possession changes to the other team. If you drop the ball, possession changes to the other team
- To score a try, the attacking team must place the ball over the line. A try results in 1 point
To watch some professionals in action, click here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87nizkI2ahw&t=644s